Friday, September 15, 2006

New house

Well, I've been waiting to put anything in my blog about the new house we're moving into because I didn't know if it was really going to happen or not, but we got the official notice today.

Several months ago, Thayne's parents came to visit and the day after they left we got a phone call from his mom. She told Thayne that she was concerned that we would be too cramped in our 3 bedroom apartment when the new baby came and her and Thayne's dad were thinking about buying a place for us to live in. That was the end of the conversation for about a month and then they brought it up again. I really didn't know how serious they were until the brought it up the second time. Thayne's mom explained that they felt like if we lived in a bigger place our little family would be happier and Thayne would do better in school because he knew his family was comfortable and happy (and the baby wouldn't be in our room :) ). She asked us to keep our eyes open for some four bedroom houses or condos in the area, so that's how it all got started.

We found the BEST realtors you could find and the search began. We looked at a lot of different places and liked some and hated others. The ones that we liked weren't "the one" but they would work for us. I didn't know, for sure, what I was looking for so we just kept looking. The last day we went out our realtor showed us this four bedroom house that was in a nice neighborhood and had a lot of space. It had a living room, family room, three bathrooms, and even a storage room. I immediately loved it. It was a perfect house for our family and had tons of space for the kids to run around and for me to not feel like I'm contected to them by the hip. I remember turning to Thayne and said, "This is it. I love it!". I should say that it was filthy, dirty and smelled, but we looked past that and saw the real potential of the house.

When we got home, Thayne called his parents and they made an offer on the house that night. I was trying not to be excited because I didn't know if it would really work out but I found myself smiling and acting like a child who just peeked at their christmas gift that their parents hid in the closest (my parents hid our christmas presents there EVERY year). After two weeks of playing the bidding war with the owners, my in laws accepted the final counter offer. Yesterday was the final inspection and it passed! My in laws are going to fix the house up (new carpet, paint, repair things, etc) before we move in. It will be like moving into a brand new house! It's really going to happen!!!

How can you ever really say enough "Thank you's" for something like this? I don't even know where to begin. His parents have done so much for us since we decided to come to law school, that I feel like we will be indebt to them for the rest of our lives. I know that they're so proud of Thayne for taking a huge leep into law school with a wife and three children. I know that they want him to succeed, and by helping us in all the ways they have does makes this "adventure" a little easier.

I know that we are blessed with such wonderful families and the support they give us in different ways. We try to remember that daily.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The house is such a wonderful blessing to you guys. I too am so appreciative to Thayne's parents for making this blessing possible.