Monday, September 11, 2006

Sacrifices

I don't think sacrifices ever end when you're a parent or spouse. It seems so unfair sometimes...ok...a lot of the time. I can remember when I decided that I needed to stay home to take care of my kids. It was one of the hardest decisions I think I've ever had to make. I was a Director and worked very closely with important people (Attorney General, Govenor, etc.) and I knew that if I gave that up I would never have those experiences again, or be in that situation again. I felt so important everyday I went to work. Why would I give that up? Because I had two little children at home that needed me. I remember feeling like I gave up my life for them. I know that probably sounds dramatic but it's truly how I felt. I miss those days, but I know that I'm doing what the Lord wants me to do even if I hate it sometimes.

Thayne is at a point in his life where he has to make sacrifices for his family. He has to give up some things that are so important to him and it's so hard for me to watch him go through it. It brings back the same feelings I had when I made the decision to quit and stay home. It's seems so unfair and almost as if you're giving up your life for someone else. Thayne loves to play computer games. It's a like a sport to him. He's been doing it everynight (almost) for as long as I've known him. Well, school work is piling up and now he has to give up those games so he has more time to study. This may seem trivial to many of you, but it's big deal for him....and me. I know that the games relax him and he truly enjoys playing them, but there's just not enough time to do it all. He told me tonight that he's doing this for his family. I could see such pain and hurt in his eyes. I just wanted to hold him and cry with him. It's not fair. Right now it seems like nothing is fair, but that's how things go sometimes. I'm not sure what to do for him other than be supportive and try to be positive that his sacrifices will pay off in the end.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You two are awesome and your children will forever love and cherish you for your sacrifices and the Lord will bless you beyond your goals.