Jaed got a blister on his foot several months ago and after the blister went a way, a wart started to appear. He has been complaining about it hurting for the last several weeks and I noticed it getting a little black so I called and got him in to see the doctor. She said that it was infected and they needed to freeze it off. I knew that meant I was going to have to hold Jaed down and I wasn't thrilled about it. I made the girls each get a book and sit down on the chairs that were in the room and Jaed was on the patient's table looking a little worried. I tried to explain to him what they were going to do but the more I talked about it the bigger his eyes got and the more fearful he seemed.
I first tried the get him to just sit still without me having to hold him down but that didn't work. The nurse finally said that I would have to hold him down or it wasn't going to work. I was hoping I could just hold his leg down but then he was hitting me, telling me let go of him. So I had to go to drastic measures. I had to hold his whole body down, arms legs, head, etc.. It was quite traumatic for everyone......but Josie, I guess. Jaed was screaming VERY loud, Indi was crying hysterically, Kaia was crying, but Josie.....well she was sitting in her seat reading her book as if nothing was going on around her. It made me chuckle. I don't know how she was even able to concentrate with Indi crying beside her and Jaed screaming at the top of his lungs laying two feet away from her.
When we were finally done, and I got off of Jaed, he stopped screaming and Indi was tapering her cry down. I was hugging Jaed when Josie said, "What's wrong with Jaed, Mom?". I just laughed and told Josie that he was fine now.
1 comment:
That's our Josie, she probably thought if she got involved she may be next.
Post a Comment