We had a Fourth of July party at my brother's house. First, we went and had breakfast at his church, then we went swimming at my Dad's house, and then we had a barbaque and fireworks at my brother, Doug's house. It was a lot of fun to be all together. Thayne flew in the night before it was great to have him with our little family. The kids all fought over who was going to stand, sit, and be next to "daddy" every minute of the day. I think Josie missed him the most. I know it touched Thayne's heart because he is always saying, "I don't think Josie likes me.", which is not true at all. She's just more of a 'momma's girl' then the others but when she saw Thayne at the airport she screamed and clapped her hands and didn't leave his side for several days.
Thayne and I were able to gone a date and overnighter while my sister and mom watched our kids but we ended up taking Josie to dinner with us because she was so upset that we were leaving for the night. So, we took her with us to dinner and she was a delight. She talked tons and smiled the entire time. When we took her back to my mom's house she was okay with the idea of Thayne and I leaving for the rest of the night. It was a great experience to spend some one on one time with her and got us thinking about doing that more often with each of our kids.
Here's the kids in their patriotic outfits! Aren't they so dang cute!!!

................Jaed .............................Kaia...........

1 comment:
So cute!!
Post a Comment