Monday, July 09, 2007

Home Sweet Home

We are back home now and I think we were all a little anxious to get here. I had a wonderful and non-stop time at my sister's house but by the time I got to my Mom's house, I was missing my hubby, my routine and my home. The kids had a great time playing with all of their cousins and I enjoyed hanging out with family members where we caught up on each other's daily lives. I had big hopes that I would be able to call some friends and get together with them while I was visiting my mom but unfortunately I didn't get that chance (Sorry...Laura, Jami, Lori, Cathy, and everyone else!). Thayne flew in July 3rd, just in time to celebrate the holiday with us. The kids were so excited to see him. They wouldn't leave his side for the first couple of days he was there. Of course, Thayne thought that Kai had grown so big since he last saw her. She is rolling around and smiling continously now. She is already grabbing everything in sight as well.

We rented a van and drove back this weekend. It took us two days of driving but we made it safe and without complications. Thank goodness we have a DVD player for the kids. A couple of times we turned it off but that lasted about 10 minutes and then Thayne or I were turning it on again to have some peace. Jaed sat next to Kaia the whole time so he could give her the pacifier when she needed it and play with her when she got fussy. He did a great job and was a huge help for us.

When we walked in the house the girls ran right up their rooms. Josie was dragging things out of her room saying, "Daddy, do you remember my blanket.......my dolls.....my chair?". I think she was the most excited to be home and back in her familiar environment.

I am excited to get them back in a daily routine and be the Queen Bee of my house again. We'll be going to the community pool almost everyday while we still can. I'll put pictures up of our vacation as I get them downloaded on my computer.

No comments: