Monday, July 30, 2007

Conversation with Jaed

Jaed: "Momma, I want to talk about Halloween."
Me: "Okay, what would you like to talk about?"
Jaed: "Who was the first kid to be in Halloween?"
Me: "I'm not sure, Jaed. That's a good question for Daddy!"
Jaed: "I"m sure it was Jesus!"
Me: (trying not to laugh) "No, Jaed, Jesus wasn't here on earth when Halloween started."

- - - - - - - - - - - -


Background: We just bought Jaed a new backpack for school and were returning home. Jaed tried to hand me his backpack to carry in the house.

Jaed: "Here, Momma, can you take my backpack in?"
Me: (a little irritated) "No, Jaed, I'm not responsible for your crap."
Jaed: "Momma, this is not CRAP, this is my new CRAP!"

1 comment:

Danielle and Derek said...

Jaed is so funny! You're so good to write these things down - I keep forgetting to with mine. Enjoy the rest of your summer!