Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Try it again!

I'm going in for out-patient heart surgery on friday and I"m getting a little nervous. Those of you who have read my blog since the beginning will remember that the last time I went in to have this surgery I was told that they couldn't do it because I was pregnant. Nine months later, little Kai was born. I'm almost positive that's not going to happen again and that I"ll have the surgery. My sister is coming tomorrow to help me while I recover from surgery. I'm so excited to see her and spend some time hanging out with her. My kids are thrilled as well. Josie told me today, "Mommy, Aunt Becki is coming to our new house and she is going to eat here and use the potty here!". Isn't that funny that she thought about the whole potty thing? She then went on to tell me that Aunt Becki is going to read her every book she has and play dress up too. That's something I can't wait to see :).

I told Jaed that I have to go to the hospital and Friday so that the Dr. can fix my heart. He seems quite concerned. He kept asking me if I was going to be okay and if my heart hurts. I reassured him that I was okay and that I would even be better when the Dr. was done. He asked me who "broke" my heart and how is the Dr. going to fix it. I explained to him that I was born with a problem with my heart and that the Dr. was going to go into my heart and take out the bad part. He seemed to be okay with that answer but as he sat next to me, he rubbed my arm. He's such a sensitive boy and has a very soft heart. He'll always be my baby boy!

I tried to talk to Josie and Indi about the upcoming event but they didn't seem to care. They just went around singing, "Mommy has a broken heart, Mommy has a broken heart". Josie did come and ask me some questions later and was happy to hear that the Dr. is going to fix my heart and that I would be fine.

I haven't been away from Kai for more than a couple of hours so I'm a little nervous about that. I know that my sister will take really good care of her but just nervous about being away all day. Here's the most recent picture of her:

2 comments:

My Many Coloured Days said...

Best of luck Ally! I'm done with my book now so I'll see if I can get it over to you to have a good read during recovery!

You better not be pregnant!!!

Anonymous said...

All the best for a speedy recovery, Ally! I'll be praying for you.