Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Two months!

I had quite the adventure today. I had to take all four kids to the Dr.'s for Kaia's two month check-up. WOW....is the only word that really describes our experience. First it started with a phone call. Our insurance company didn't assign Kai a Dr. so they had me call the insurance company while I was there to take care of it. Well, while I was doing that Indi said she had to use the potty so I pointed to where it was (about 6 feet from where I was, single bathroom) and she entered and shut the door. Well then Josie said she had to go and there happened to be another bathroom right next to the one Indi was in so I pointed to it and Josie went right in and shut the door. About three minutes later, I heard the toilet flush in the Indi's bathroom and then the door drastically swung open and out runs Indi naked from the waste down screaming "MONSTER" and pointing to the bathroom. I immediately knew it was the flush that scared her. I tried to calm her down while still talking to the lady on the phone. During this scene, out comes Josie with her pants and panties around her ankles saying, "Mommy, I pee'd in a cup!". By this time I either had to scream at them or laugh, and I chose to laugh. I kept telling Josie to go back in the bathroom and pull her pants up but she just kept repeating that she pee'd in a cup. By this time we had quite the audience. Several nurses and office staff came over to see what the heck was going on and about half of them said, "Oh my.....girls you need to get clothes on!", and then they would turn and leave. Thanks for the help people! Finally, I told the receptionist that I couldn't wait on the phone any more because the situation with my kids was getting out of hand. She took the phone from me and I went into Josie's bathroom where the girls were hanging out by this time. Josie was showing Indi where the cup was she pee'd in. I got them to pull/put their pants back on and was ushering them out of the bathroom when a nurse poked her head in and said, "Whose kids are these?". HELLO! I was standing right there with them, DUH! I told her they were mine and she was about to say something about getting them under control when I stopped her and said, "Don't tell me how to parent my children. I was on the phone with the insurance company!". The lady backed off and tried to apologize to me. I just ignored her and got my kids to the bench where they all sat down and I finished my call with the insurance company.
When they were ready to take us back to a room, guess who the nurse was that called out our name? Yep, it was the one I snapped at. I was a tad bit embarrassed but I just told myself that I did the best I could to get them under control and if she didn't like it then, OH WELL! She did tell me, once we got into the room, that Josie pee'd in a cup that had already been pee'd in by another child and that she dumped another cup out that was full of pee (which belonged to a two year old that they struggled with because he was afraid to pee in a cup and now they have to do it again). (Josie discovered the little cubby hole in the wall where you put your specimen cup after you pee in it.) I just rolled my eyes and shook my head. What could I do about it now.....NOTHING. Then right before the Dr. came in I was getting after the three older kids for being loud and hurting each other and they all started to cry which cause Kai to cry. So here comes in the Dr. with four crying kids and a frazzled mom. I couldn't hear a word he was saying because everyone was crying so I practically yelled, "CAN YOU SPEAK UP, I CAN"T HERE YOU!". He chuckled as he looked around the room and started hugging each child to try and calm them down. I'm sure he was wondering why I wasn't doing that but I was frustrated and frazzled I didn't even know where to start.
I did learn one major thing during this little adventure. I cannot take all four kids into the Dr.'s office again. I was inefficient when it came to crowd control.
Anyways, Kaia was healthy and has gained about 3 pounds since she was born. She had to get three shots and hated every minute of it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! What an adventure! :)