
After they were done with the Easter egg hunt, we told them that the Easter bunny hid their baskets in the living room and off they went. They found them in a matter of seconds were squealling with excitement. The girls both got a purse and a fun chevron car while Jaed got a Star Wars figure (JarJar Binks) and two water guns.



Little Kai slept and ate through most of it while snuggling either me or Thayne. Next year she'll be running around like her older siblings, though. After we let the kids eat some of their Easter candy for breakfast we put their Easter outfits on and went to church.
Thayne and I decided, before Jaed was born, that when the kids got candy for a holiday (Halloween, Christmas, Easter, birthday, etc.) that we would let them have as much as they wanted on that day. If they wanted candy for breakfast, lunch, and dinner then that's what they got, but the next day we went back to the normal schedule and candy was put up and given out sparingly. I believe in letting kids be kids during those holidays and it's a day that I can relax and not worry about making sure they eat every meal, etc.. Just so you know, we do offer the "good" meals but most of the time they are declined and they spread their candy out in front of them and dive in!
1 comment:
I'm with you! I had someone tell me that they gave their child cheese and crackers and grapes in the eggs so they wouldn't be hyper for church. I had to tell her that I was pretty sure she was the only mom that did so and it wouldn't make a difference!
Post a Comment