Well we're here at my brothers house and with two teenage boys and one pre-teen, and three young girls...oh..and my own three stinkers. I never want my babies to grow up and be teenagers. These boys are ROUGH and remind me of my rude little self when I was there age. The constant talk back, the half done chores, and then there's the girls...AWWWWWWWWW. My brother left a bunch of rules for the two older boys about curfews, chores, computer time, etc.. I feel like all my time is spent controlling these teens then spending time with the little ones. Good thing Thayne is here with me.
My nephew wanted to go out with his girlfriend (my brother is in denial and calls the girl his son's "friend") and one of the rules is that he has to double date until he's 18 yrs old so I had to quiz him on who he was going with, where he was going, and what time he would be home. The only thing he didn't have details for was who he was going with. I finally had to tell him that if he didn't find another couple or friend to go with him and his girlfriend then his younger brother was going to have to go. WOW....he was mad at first but got right on the phone and found a friend to tag along. All I can do now is trust that he's not going to ditch the friend somewhere....cuz that's what I would have done. I might call him on his cell phone (yes the kid is so spoiled that he has his own cell phone and car) and ask to talk to everyone in the car to make sure there's more that two ppl....but I guess one could disguise his/her voice. So trust is it.....I have to trust he's going to be obedient...hmm....I think I'll be stressed until he gets back home and is where he can be kept track of. I don't have really any reason not to trust him but I remember what it was like to be a teenager and how you think you can get away with anything. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.
I think I'll just lock my kids up from the time they're 14 until they're 18. That seems like the easiest thing to do :).
No comments:
Post a Comment