We finally made it home. Let me just first say that I am glad that I was able to help my brother and his wife enjoy a wonderful trip to Italy by watching their kids. They were very greatful and couldnt' stop thanking us. BUT.....will I do it again? Hmmm......of course I would, cuz that's the kind of sister I am, but give me some time to forget about the negative things (almost like childbirth).
The kid were excited to get home and see all their toys, their beds, and familiar stuff all around. While we were gone I started to think about Jaed's preschool (the private catholic school) and was feeling overwhelmed with that thought of driving him to school everyday and picking him up everyday. And when the baby came, I would have to drag Josie, Indi and the baby in the building to drop him off and pick him up. Well, I remembered that a month or so ago I got a flyer from the public school district stating that they were opening a preschool in certain elementary schools to help get children ready for all day kindergarden. I decided to check into it and found out that the elementary school next to us was one of the locations for the new preschools. BINGO!!! And it would be the school that he would attend for kindergarden. So I got all the details worked out and registered him for that preschool. He goes every morning from 8:45 to 12:45 and even has lunch there.
Josie was accepted into the speech preschool that she attended for a few months last year and a bus will take her to and from school. She'll be attending the special speech preschool on Mondays and Wednesdays from 8:05 to 12:00. And on Tuesdays and Thursdays she'll be participating in a co-op preschool that several of my friends and I have arranged from 9:00 to 11:30. SOOOO....Josie and Jaed will be gone at the same time every morning (but friday) and I'll be left at home with little ole' Indi. Can you believe it? What will I do with myself? How will I survive....hehehehhe......I think I can do it. And, I don't have to drive anywhere to get them to school. It's wonderful how things can work out like this.
No comments:
Post a Comment