Thayne got pulled over by a cop yesterday. He was going 14 miles over the speed limit and we have a car with Utah license plates that expired in June. Do you think he got a ticket? NO! The policeman gave him a warning. Can you believe it? I have never been that lucky. I was walking Jaed to school with the girls when we saw the cop and then looked at the dork that got pulled over and it was Thayne. I just started laughing and said outloud "Let's just keep going and pretend we don't see Daddy". Of course, that didn't work, and the kids starting yelling "Daddy....Daddy". I could tell that Thayne was so embarrassed, especially when Jaed said "Why is that policeman talking to you Dad." I just spoke right up and said, "Because Dad was driving too fast which was sooooo naughty". I saw the policeman smile and shake his head.
It was an amusing moment for me and quite an embarrassing moment for Thayne. Usually it's the other way around....but not this time!
2 comments:
Way too funny! I wish I'd seen it! We saw somebody get pulled over and the crossing guard commented that the motorcycle cop sure was on a role! It is nice to switch places once in a while though, isn't it.
The policeman probably didn't give Thayne a ticket because he saw his three sweet kids and pregnant wife, who was trying to turn the incident into a teaching moment for the kids, and the policeman didn't want his image tarnished by giving their Daddy a ticket. Or he could have been thinking I need to cut this guy some slack, he has his hands full.
Who knows why sometimes there is a warning and other times a ticket. I remember one time picking kids up from school and heading home I got pulled over for speeding. I don't remember the details now other than I began to cry, but the policeman wasn't impressed, he wrote out the speeding ticket and told me to slow down.
Post a Comment