Monday, May 22, 2006

It's been toooooo long!

WOW, I can't believe it's been a whole month. It's been a rather intense month, for sure. I've been having heart palputations for about 4 years now but they have been happening more frequent within the last 6 months. I brought it up to my physician and she scheduled a EKG but the only result was that I have slightly enlarged heart. A week after the EKG, I went to play soccer at church with some other moms and started having palputations. Normally they would go away after about 30 seconds, but these were not going away. I drove home and collapsed on the couch. I told Thayne that I couldn't breathe and I felt like I was going to pass out. He immediately called 911 and the paramedics showed up promptly. My heart was beating 240 bpm, and my blood pressure was 70/40. They quickly stuck an IV in my arm and gave me some medicine that went directly to my heart to shock it. Within 15 seconds my heart was back to a normal speed. I was taken to the ER and a Cardiologist was called. He set me up with several different tests (stress test, etc.) to find out what was going on with my heart. At one point, the Cardiologist thougth I might be at risk of Sudden Cardiac Death (SCD). That clouded our minds for two days. The thought of death scared me. What would Thayne do? Who would help him with the kids? How would the kids react?
Well, after TWO LONG DAYS, the results came back negaitve (I was not at risk)and we could breathe with relief. The Cardiologist finally diagnosed me with Superaventricular Tachydcardia (SVT). Basically, the upper chamber of the heart sends electrical waves to the bottom chamber through a
passage between the chambers. Well, I have two passages ways, so the waves go down on passage way and then up the other one and down again (etc.). I'm going to have surgery to remove (or block) one of the passage ways. Once that is done, I should have no palputations again. YIPPPEEEE!!
I'm having surgery on June 9th. My mom is coming in the day before to help me and Thayne with the kids. It's great to have a mom that you can ask for help and k
now that she would do it no matter what.
Finals were during this last month as well. I really did feel bad for Thayne. He had to try to focus on his studies while also be there for me mentally and physically. He was a great support and kept me from thinking the worst all the time. He's glad that finals are over but now is the waiting period to see how he did.
Thayne started his internship at the Public Defenders Office as well. He has thoroughly enjoyed it so far. He works 35 hours a week and is home everyday at 4:30 p.m.. That's the part that I love :).
Jaedon is doing well in school still. We recieved confirmation from his school that he will be in the 5 day a week preschool next year. He'll go from 12:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.. He will have the same preschool teacher that he had this year, which will make an easy transition.
We met with Josie's preschool teachers and discussed her s
peech progress. I felt that she had not progressed as much as I had hoped and was worried about putting her in a mainstream preschool. Thankfully, her teacher agreed with me and we decided that she would benefit from the speech therapy preschool next year. She is talking so much more now, but it's hard for those around her to understand her. She is such a special little girl. Thayne and I are way over protective of her, but we just can't help it. She truly is our little princess.
Indi is growing so fast. I can't believe she'll be two next month. She is loves to cuddle still and talks tons as well. If she falls she tells us that the floor hit her or the table hit her. She teases Josie all the time. She loves to grab a toy that Josie has and then she runs. Of course, Josie chases her and screams the whole way. I have even seen Josie dive in the air and land on Indi to get her toy back.
Here are some pictures of the kids at easter. My sister Becki sent the hats and gloves for Josie and Indi. They were so excited to wear them. They loved their easter baskets. It was a great day for all of us.

No comments: