Sunday, May 28, 2006

Relaxing the holiday away!

We had no big plans for this holiday weekend. My brother, Scott, invited us to come to his house in St. Louis (4 hours away), but with our car acting up we thought we better stay around here. We're hoping to get it looked at tomorrow.

I got a little upset at Thayne yesterday. I snapped at him a couple of time because of it. Jaed could tell I was mad. He said "Mom, daddy is in our family, right?" I agreed with him and then he told me, "Well you can't treat him like that cuz he's in our family". I didn't respond but did feel a little guilty. I was upset about something stupid that I could have let slide but I didn't. Thayne leaned down and kissed me. Jaed asked me if I was still mad and I told him "no". What does that mean when you're child puts you in your place? What happens when I snap at him? Does he think he's not a part of the family because I got mad? Wow, parenting is hard. Really hard!

We took the kids swimming last night at the community pool. They were so excited. Josie and Indi were playing and swimming together so well. It gave me a bit of hope that they would be good friends. There was a slide over in the deep pool that Thayne tried to get Jaed to go down. He went up the ladder but as soon as he looked down he turned around and climbed down. The slide went straight down about 10 feet and then into the water. It was a little scary looking. I told Thayne to take Josie on it. He was hesitant at first but I persisted. She walked up the ladder sat down on the slide and flew down into the water. Thayne was in the pool already to help her come up. She did have arm floaties on as well. When they got out of the pool she was ready to do it again. She kept saying "again daddy, again". Thayne and I both laughed. Unfortunately, the life-guard said the kids couldn't go down the slide with the arm floaties on, and we weren't going to let her take them off. She is truly our dare devil. She doesn't seem to be scared of anything.

No comments: