Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Keeping up!

I feel like I clean the house and do laundry CONSTANTLY. Which I do. I try not to be negative about it...BUT...I'm feeling...hmm...I don't know. When Thayne comes home and tells me what a great day he had and how he interacted with so many different people, and etc.. I am truly envious. I do miss the work field...BUT, I know I'd do it for one day and would want to be back with my children. Unfortunately the house duties come along with the children. I think the bathroom disgusts me the most. Sometimes I wait as long as I can to clean it, hoping Thayne will get tired of it and clean it. That has only happened a few times :). No matter what I do or say, Jaed can not hit the toilet when he goes to the bathroom. I've decided that it is a loosing battle.

Jaed and Josie had a good day at school yesterday. I have adopted the "don't ask, don't tell" policy. I have stopped asking how they did, and just assume that they did great if the teacher doesn't pull me aside. It's so nice to spend some one on one time with Indi while the other two are in school. She is truly a delight. This last week when I cleaned the house I found about 10 pacifiers and put them in a bucket for Indi to carry around. She dumped them on the floor and sprawled out on top of them. She stayed there for several minutes and then got up and put them in her bucket and off she went. She loves her pacifiers. I have taught her that she has to leave them in the car when we go places.
Thayne's parents came to visit this last weekend. They took Thayne and I out to dinner for Thayne's birthday. Thayne said the restaurant was a old person's place since he an I were the only young ones there, but I thought it was nice. His parents spent several hours with the kids on Saturday. The kids enjoyed every minute of it. We went swimming at their hotel Saturday night. Josie is so fearless in the water. She was swimming everywhere with arm floaties on. Jaed thought he was drowning every other minute. And Indi didn't want anything to do with the water at first. After a while she eased into it and then loved it. His parents left the next morning after church. Jaed and Josie had a hard time with them leaving. Jaed especially. I wish they would stay a little longer when they come, for the kids sake. Oh well!

Well we had two parakeets that died this weekend. We didn't tell the kids. We thought we'd wait until they brought it up. Today, Jaed asked me where our birdies were. I told him that they died and they went to heaven with Heavenly Father and Jesus. He asked me "Will they make them better and send them back to us?". He was so cute. I explained to him that when we die, we don't come back. He seemed upset and I held him for about 2 or 3 minutes. Then he put his head up and said "Can I have sandwich", so I guess that was the end of it.

No comments: