Thursday, May 25, 2006

Rambling about life

I work with the cub scouts in our church and last night was a scout meeting. I don't think it's the funnest thing I've ever done, but I do feel like I'm contributing to something good. My eyes have been opened to the wonderful scouting program and I'm excited for Jaed to become old enough to participate. They teach them so many important and essential things that will help them through their journey to
manhood. It's funny to me that I can joke around with the scouts and we laugh and have fun but on Sunday when I say "hi" to them they practically ignore me. It makes me chuckle every time I make an effort to say "hi". I even keep saying "hi" until they say it back loud enough for me to hear.

I'm the vice president of a MOMS Club (www.momsclub.org) here in Bloomington. It's a club for stay at home moms. We get together 1-3 times a week for activities or play dates and chat while our kids play. I have really enjoyed it. I've gotten to know so many other moms. It's nice to be in a diverse group of culture and religion and still be able to have similar interests and hobbies. It has made my move here a lot easier.

Jaed goes to a catholic preschool here. I was a little apprehensive about it at first, but I think it was a good choice for him. I have to say though, the other day when I went to pick him up there was a necklace with a cross on it in his cubie. Since we don't where such things I gave it back to the teacher and didn't think of it again. Well several days past and out of no where Jaed said "Mommy, when I want to pray, I hold my necklace and think of a prayer and rub my necklace." I was speechless. It's a good thing that Thayne was right by me. He spoke up right away and told Jaed that we don't pray with a necklace. He went through the steps that we use to pray and explained that we think of Jesus and Heavenly Father when we say our prayers. We had him repeat what we said back to us and he seemed content with it. I was freaking out. I was ready to pull him out of the school, but Thayne calmed me down and reassured me that he would not remember these things as he got older. We agreed that we need to make sure that we pray with him and talk with him often. I trust Thayne's judgment and feel like Jaed will be fine.

We got a summer swim pass for the kids. They have two great pools in town with superb toddler areas. I can't wait to start taking them. I'm hoping to spend a lot of time at the pools. I signed them up for swimming lessons. This will be their first time taking swimming lessons. I also signed Jaed and Josie up for a soccer camp. They will be in the same class. I'm excited to see how that's going to work. Hopefully Jaed doesn't try to boss Josie around but I won't hold my breathe. He tries to boss her all the time and she'll ignore him for a while and then she'll get tired of it and just smack him. I have to say, that I have heard Jaed yell "Stop bossing me Josie", but I'm not sure she really is :).

I went in to Josie's room to pick it up yesterday and she said "Mom, I'm playing..get out". I told her no, and that I was picking it up and she said "mom this my room, get out". What do you say to a three year old? If she was older I would have sat her down and explained who's house and room it really was but...she's three. I chose to ignore her and picked up the stuff around her.

Indi has learned the word "quiet". We were driving the kids to school this morning and Josie was singing and Jaed was talking to Thayne and Indi started yelling "QUIET, QUIET". She yelled it several times and then gave up. Thayne and I laughed. When she has gotten in trouble and I pick her up to scold her she will put her hand on my mouth and say "quiet, quiet". I can hardly scold her when I'm laughing or smiling.

No comments: