Friday, May 26, 2006

Stressed but still functioning!

I'm feeling a little stressed today. Our car is giving us trouble. The brakes need changed and we think the spark plugs need replaced. And the car sometimes won't shift into second gear, which is probably a transmission problem. Car problems stink especially when you're poor college students. There is a mechanic in our church that we've been using but Thayne isn't convinced that he's trustworthy, but I'll probably end up calling him anyways.

I was taking the kids to the park yesterday and got out the door and remembered that I didn't have my keys. I didn't think it was a big deal because Thayne was going to be home within the hour so we could just play at the park until then. Well as we were walking to the park it started to get cloudy and by the time we actually got tot he park there were thunder clouds. The park is surrounded by trees so I didn't think it would be very safe for us but here we were locked out of house about to get rained on. Thank goodness I have such good friends from my church that live right in our same complex. I showed up on one of their doorsteps with three kids asking if we could hang out for a bit. She didn't even hesitate. I felt like a dork, but she was very kind and made us feel at home. Thayne finally got home and came and got us in the rain.

I've been think lately what a wonderful husband I have. I don't think I tell him enough, though. He has made such great sacrifices for me and the kids, but hardly complains. I know school and family life is hard but he is quite a trooper. He's constantly checking on me to make sure I'm okay and if I'm not he does what he can to make things better. He really is my best friend!

Jaed has been trying to scare his sisters lately. He gets a blanket and puts it over his head and "boos" like a ghost. At first the girls screamed and ran around and he would laugh and chase them. But now they find their own blankets and follow him around "boo-ing" like a ghost as well. Jaed would get frustrated and say "No girls, I'm the ghost and you're scared" but they didn't want to play that anymore. They wanted to be ghosts as well. I heard Jaed say "I'm not going to play with you if you're not scared". The girls just ignored him and after he realized they weren't going to play his way he joined in the ghost parade. Their interaction makes me laugh.

No comments: