Well, Kai came down with the worst diaper rash I have ever seen and I treated it with everything that I knew and finally decided to take her in. The only doctor available was the Dr. Horrible (that's what I'm going to call her) so I reluctantly agreed to see her. She took one look at the diaper rash and said it was a yeast infection. She prescribed me some cream and sent me on my way. After two days of using the cream the rash was worse and she started to get a rash on her face, stomach arms, back and legs. I took her back and asked for someone else and was granted my request. The new doctor took a culture and said that she had strep in her diaper area but didn't know what the rash on the rest of her body was. She gave me an antibiotic to give Kai and wanted me to come back in three days if it wasn't better. Kai's diaper rash seemed a little better (less red) but the rash everywhere else was getting worse so we went back in. We were able to see the same doctor we saw the very last visit and she took another culture of the rash and said Kai also had a Staph Infection which was caused by the open wounds on her bum. SO, we got another antibiotic and a skin cream. After several days the rash stopped growing but has not completely disappeared. Here is the after affects of her ordeal:
(Notice rash on her arm and armpit, mouth and stomach....poor thing!)

(Different view of her tummy!)

(I guess I should look on the bright side and be glad that her face doesn't look like this anymore :>. This picture is when she was less than a day old!)
4 comments:
Oh poor girl!
I think we may have the same doctor.
Oooh and I thought I had the worst pediatrian. But mine's male. I hope she feels better quickly!
Poor girl...and poor mom. I hope she is feeling better. That newborn picture made me laugh right out loud! Jack was so yellow when he was born...
Bless her heart. She's a sweetie.
Post a Comment