Monday, April 21, 2008

I'm here!

I've gotten a couple of emails from some of you wondering why I haven't blogged for a week so I thought I'd better post something so no one else worries. It's a frantic time for us right now because Thayne is in the middle of studying for finals and I'm packing and and trying to be a decent mom most of the time. Thayne's last day of school was last week and even though he has finals it was good to see that part of the adventure over! I know that he can't feel any relief yet, since finals are still ahead of him but those will be over in a week and a half and then the celebration begins! We rented a storage unit here in town and are going to leave our stuff here because we don't know where we are going after the summer. We felt like it was more economical to rent a storage shed then to move our stuff twice. I've started to pack up the kid's toys which has been an interesting situation for them. They're excited to go to Gram's house for the summer but not excited to leave most of their toys here. I'm also packing up their winter and fall clothes and Josie is always asking me if we are going to save the clothes or throw them away. I don't think she quite understands what is going on. I hear Indi trying to explain it to her but even Indi is confused :).

Thayne's parents, my Mom, my Dad, and my brother and his kids are coming to join in Thayne's graduation celebration! We're going to have a FULL house but it will be fun. Thayne's parents will be staying in a hotel but everyone else will be piled on our floor :). I love crowds of people but Thayne always has to prepare himself for it and then is still overwhelmed when they all come. He's the oldest in his family and I'm the youngest so that should explain the reason for our feelings of crowds. The more the merrier for me!

I had to take the kids to church by myself, yesterday, and so I thought I'd take a couple of pictures of them before we left. They didn't turn out like I wanted but...oh well!


(I took about 6 pictures and Josie wasn't looking at me in any of them. This is the only decent one of all of them but Josie. Can you imagine what would happen if we added another kid to this clan?)



(My youngest and my oldest!)

2 comments:

Lori said...

Awww..so adorable!! That is so exciting for Thayne! What a great accomplishment. Miles and I are very impressed!

Anonymous said...

Yo Ally-
Hang in there, you can do it ! I have been in a similar situation, and it will get better - the week before Angie graduated from law school I had to take care of ALL her relatives! And I'm not even (err well i wasnt then) that close to them. Tell Thayne to hang in there, too. And tell him to study. I'm sure he'll do well. GOOD LUCK !

Honjarte