Sunday, April 06, 2008

Sad Day

I'm sitting here trying to decide if I should keep blogging. It's a sad day for me. I enjoy blogging about my life, especially my children but I fear that I am putting us in a dangerous situation. It has come to my attention that there are several perverted individuals who are accessing pictures of my children for their sick addictions. Specifically pictures of my girls taking baths. I have deleted the pictures that have been downloaded by these individuals so that others can't do it but those that already have them are likely to distribute them without my knowledge.

Thayne and I feel like we have done what we can without having to put a password on my blog, but who knows if it's enough. If I put a password on my blog then you won't be able to use "Google Reader" or any other program that notifies you if I published a new post. Which could mean that you'll forget about me and my family if you depend on those programs :(. I can't even begin to comprehend individuals like this and it's horrible that we even have to look out for them.

8 comments:

Shawny said...

I'll keep reading if you require a password! I'm so sorry that this has happened.

Jodie said...

Super creepy!! How did you figure that out?

I'd still read as well, just so you know.

Steph said...

I'm with Jodie. Creepy! I would also like to know how you found out! Who knows, maybe they're doing that with my blog too! I will continue to read your blog - absolutely! I have a folder in my bookmarks with all the blogs that I read and check them periodically if not everyday! YOU are on my list!

Hope said...

Kurt and I went through the same questions. Do we keep blogging and privatize or just stop blogging altogether (which was very tempting!) I am glad that we decided to keep going.
Once I put the password on I will say the number of people that comments increased. (Good comments from people I know, not creepy comments from people I don't.)
It took us a while to figure out if we were going to continue to blog as well.
I would so keep reading your blog if you privatize. Plus once your signed in - it's not a hassel at all to read others. That's what the favorite's icon is for!

My Many Coloured Days said...

That is horrible. I think you know I go through this too... it is a hard choice to make. I feel for you.

Anonymous said...

Ally, that is awful!! I would also like to know how you found out. I would still read with a password too.

Lori said...

It makes me sad that there are such sick people out there. I'm with everyone else- I'd still read! Sometimes you have to make hard decisions to protect your family. Sorry that you are put in this position.

The Homely Animal said...

How do you know that a deviant is taking pics? is there a way for other people to check their own blogs? I'd keep reading if you made if private and required a password.