Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Hmmm

I am sitting here trying to think of something to write to update how our lives have been going but I'm struggling. We have had a pretty uneventful last several days (thank goodness). I'm starting to pack our stuff slowly. Every time the kids see me start to pack a box they ask me about a million times if they can pack their stuff now.

I'm trying not to think about being away from Thayne for the whole summer. The thought of it makes me a bit emotional and scared. He's my rock and strength and to think that I won't have that for the summer is frightening. I just hope the time goes by very quickly!

Josie has been thinking a lot about Jesus, lately, I think. Whenever I ask her to go do something (put her clothes on, clean something up, etc.) she often will come back and say, "Mommy, Jesus can't help me put my pants on, so can you help me?". Every time it is her time to pray she always thanks God for Jesus and has even asked that Jesus come and visit. She's so dang cute!! Indi said a prayer, the other day, and asked God to help Jesus have a good day! I am so grateful that they understand (in their own little way) that Jesus is real and is here to help us. I feel like that is one of my duties of a mom is to help them understand our religious beliefs and so far I feel like I am accomplishing it!

We got Jaed's report card from school and he's doing well in everything except P.E.. He's pretty much failing P.E.. Every quarter the teacher puts a mark on 'Needs Improvement' for P.E.. We ask him about it and he just says that he doesn't like it. My guess is that he doesn't like to take orders so he's not participating. Obviously, we need to work on that.......as soon as we find out how.

4 comments:

Lori said...

I sympathize with you about Thayne being gone. I'm having a hard enough time with Miles working in the basement on evening and weekends that I can't imagine having him gone all the time.
Thanks for the forewarning about my collection of "crap"! We've already said that we're not going to move because of how much more stuff we have now then when we moved in. Now add another level to our house?? I shudder to think of it!

Hope said...

I so know how you are feeling right now! Kurt is leaving to do an intership in Rome for the summer while Lillian and I stay behind. It's hard stuff! I also want to bawl everytime I think about it.
I'll keep you in my prayers!

singin'mama said...

Let me know when you figure out how! Now, remind me where you guys are moving too?

Ally said...
This comment has been removed by the author.