Friday, February 29, 2008

Visit from Parents

Thayne's parents are coming to visit tomorrow, which means a THOROUGH house cleaning. We spent a couple of hours this afternoon cleaning. The kids hated every minute of it as much as Thayne and I did. I love the feeling I get when I walk around in a clean house but I absolutely hate it and procrastinate doing it for as long as I can. I think the main reason I hate it is because it doesn't stay clean for very long. An hour after we cleaned the girls room it looked like a tornado hit it; a couple hours after sweeping and mopping the floor it looked like the kids brushed all their dinner on the floor without eating a bit of it; and the bathroom that I scrubbed has pee on the seat and floor. So now, I have to wake up early and pick up, wipe off, and sweep what messes have occurred since we cleaned last. Now do you understand why I hate cleaning? AHHHHHH!!

Anyways, Thayne's parents are coming into town to celebrate Josie's 5th Birthday. She is so excited that they are coming AND that they are bringing her presents. My dad sent Josie a card in the mail today (with a $10 bill) and she carried that card with her the rest of the day. She insisted on putting it under her pillow while she slept. She put it down for a moment and Kaia grabbed it and ripped it. I thought Josie was going to die! She was so upset until Thayne promised he could fix it. He got his glue out and put it back together. That card did not leave her sight for the rest of the night.

No comments: