Monday, August 27, 2007

Lunch Maker

Jaed loves taking lunch to school. He tells me what he wants in it and then stands by me as I make it and put it in his bag that I have written his name on. Well, this weekend (Saturday) we headed downstairs for breakfast and there was a bulky lunch bag sitting on the table. I looked closer and I saw that Jaed had written his name on the bag and as I investigated the inside I found a triple bread sandwich, pudding, crackers, banana, fruit snack, juice, and cookies. I questioned Jaed about it and he said he got up early this morning to make his own lunch. He was so proud that he made a triple bread sandwich like his dad makes and that he filled his lunch bag with other great stuff. I explained to him that it was Saturday so he wouldn't be going to school and he had a huge frown on his face until I told him he could eat his own lunch at lunchtime. I did tell him that we needed to take a few things out because it was too much food, so he ended up with his sandwich, banana, crackers and cookies for his lunch and told his sisters a couple of different times that he made it all by himself.

3 comments:

wishiwasjane said...

Very Cute! So independent AND grown up!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Jaed! He really is growing up!

Danielle and Derek said...

Meagan loves eating lunch at school, too. Good job making your own sandwich, Jaed!