Sunday, August 12, 2007

School begins!

Jaed was chosen to be apart of a program, called Jump Start, at his school where he was able to start Kindergarten two weeks before the normal date. He was accepted in the full day kindergarten but for the first two weeks of this program he went for only half a day only. I think he was chosen because I told one of the kindergarten teachers that he could be a challenge and I was worried how he would do in a new school. WELL...to our wonderful surprise the two weeks went wonderful. The teachers told me that he did what he was told and listened perfectly. The only minor complaint was that he got a little crazy when he was excited. Thayne and I are so happy and proud of Jaed. We were constantly praising him for his great behavior and attitude at school. Now he has a couple of days off and then he starts the "real" kindergarten.


Here's Jaed in front of his new school. I thought I might be sad to see him go because this means he's growing up but I was actually very excited for him.



















Jaed went right to his seat and sat down when we got to his room. He was thrilled to show me everything in his classroom and even told him some of the rules.



















Here is a picture of Jaed taken last year at about this time. Notice how much he has changed. He's gotten taller and his face has thinned out so much. He's not our little chunky boy anymore.

No comments: