Saturday, August 18, 2007

Cleaning.....hate it!!!

So Thayne has been home a week now and the house has gone down the drain. I love having him home but my routine gets thrown out the window. I would much rather play games, rest and have fun with him then clean and do laundry. Well, the house got so bad that we had to spend most of our Saturday cleaning the kids were not happy with it. We got tons of new complaints that we haven't heard from them before. I should say, Jaed and Josie did all the complaining. Indi was our little 'happy helper' the entire time. Sometimes she started to play with the stuff we were going to clean but we just had to reminder her what her job was and she got back on track.
Here are some complaints we heard threw out the day:

Jaed: (dragging himself around with his shoulders forward and head down most of the day. He was miserable.)

"This is going to take all day" (with arms thrown up in the air)
"We can't have fun if we clean" (about to cry)
"I think I"ll go stay in my room the whole day" (he was quickly told this was a family activity)
"Let's just do this room and then do the rest later" (I'm sure he heard that from his dad)
"Can't we just be done now!" (as he falls to the floor)
"The girls aren't helping so I'm not going to help!"

Josie:

"I'm just a little girl!" (after she was told she was a big girl and could help)
"This is so boring"
"Don't put those toys away, I"m playing with them!" (she was playing with them the day before)
"This is too much for me!"
"I need to rest"
"This doesn't make me happy!"

Indi: (she sang a lot while she helped.)

"I a good helper"
"I doing my job!"
"We almost done!"
"Put the toys in there right buckets, don't just throw them in there!" (she was telling Josie this while we were cleaning her room)
"I helping, I get a treat!" (no treat was ever mentioned)
"This is fun!"

No comments: