Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Unexpected

We've been in Washington for nine months and we really love this state. I can't say that I'm sold on the small town we live in but maybe it'll grow on me. So, my husband's boss decided (a couple of months ago) that he wanted to stop taking new clients which meant that my husband was without a job. Thayne was more upset that he wasn't upset. His boss was a very hard man to work with. I really think his boss was bipolar because his mood swings were ridiculous. So, here we are in a small town in Washington with no job and not sure what is around the corner. Two months after Thayne was laid off, his boss fell off a cliff and died. Two days before he died, a job Thayne had applied for called his boss for a reference......good timing??? His boss called Thayne after he received the call and told Thayne that he gave him a glowing reference....we still haven't heard about the job yet.

We went to law school so Thayne could be in a stable career....hmmm......."WHAT THE HELL" is the only thing I can think of saying. I really try to look on the bright side and count my blessings but that gets old really fast.

On a different note, our homeschool year is wrapping up and a nice summer break is something we're all looking forward too. Jaed and Josie did great this year. They were tested a couple of weeks ago and both received average or above average marks. Josie has excelled the most. She was so behind in school when I pulled her out but now she has surpassed my expectations. We have decided to keep them all (including Indiya) home next year for another year of homeschooling. I still don't know if it will be a forever thing. I'm just taking one year at a time.

Kaia is FINALLY potty trained. She turned 3 in Feb. but didn't potty train until March but she was my easiest to train. She decided on her own that wearing Dora panties was better than wearing a diaper, so there was no turning back after that.

Zoey...wow......she is a wild child. I think she is our new "Devil's Child!". She gets into everything, throws a fit about everything, and hits and swats at everyone. She doesn't cuddle very often, wants to eat all the time and refuses to eat anything that comes from anyones hand but hers. Her joy in life is SpongeBob!

2 comments:

Lori said...

He actually fell off a cliff and died??!! That is crazy! Sorry you're having job troubles. It seems to be affecting everyone lately. Congrats on a successful year homeschooling! That would be so intimidating to me. But you're awesome!! It's good to hear from you again in the bloggy world!

Autumn said...

so sorry about thayne's job ally!
that's so great to hear about how sucsessful josie and jaed were last year being homeschooled! you are an awesome mom! i think we'll be keeping our children home next year again too. i'd love to talk with you. call me or send me your phone number through fb or email.
xoxoxoxo