Friday, May 21, 2010

No more Craft Room

Josie, Indi and Kai were all sharing a room and when it came time to clean it I was breaking up more cat fights then I ever have. I'm talking real cat fights. Pulling hair, wrestling each other to the ground, pinching, etc.. I really think the instigator was Josie. She absolutely hates to clean other peoples messes and if her mess is combined with another person's mess then it's all THEIR mess not hers. So, after me dragging my feet, whining and throwing my own personal fits I buckled under the pressure and gave up my craft room. Ok, it wasn't that bad, but I really was sad to give it up but felt like it was necessary the happiness of my girls. We moved Josie into my craft room and she LOVES it. She cleans her room without being told. She organizes her toys, shoes and books and even makes her bed. She's always the first one to be done when it's room cleaning time and enjoys her own time watching her favorite show or playing by herself.

The cat fights did stop, but the other room still isn't getting very clean. Indi tries very hard to stay focused on cleaning but Kaia is the wayward girl. She says she's going to help and then starts playing and tries to persuade Indi to play with her, and Indi caves in. Even when the cat fights were happening there was some cleaning go on between break outs. What to do, what to do? At some point we need a house big enough so everyone can have their own room......I know....dream on!

As far as my craft space goes, our master bedroom is very large so I have staked out a corner and am quite happy with the set up. Thayne and I can count the time we spend in the room together (him on the computer and me at my craft desk) as quality time together now, right?

2 comments:

Lorie said...

We do what we have to do for our kids don't we? Someday you'll get your craft room back and it will be better than ever! AND, yes it counts as quality time...kids parallel play all the time...why can't we? :o)

Autumn said...

sounds like you've got a great set up in your bedroom and more time with thayne! and yes it does count as quality time! ;)