Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Halloween fun...

Well here we are again, another Halloween and our kids no nothing about carving pumpkins. Both Thayne and I HATE carving pumpkins so we decided before we even had kids that we would not do that as a tradition in our home and so far we have had no complaints or from our kids. I do think we'll probably draw faces on pumpkins or I've actually seen fake pumpkins you can buy at craft stores that are carve-able, which I wouldn't be against. But right now, Halloween is all about costumes and candy, not pumpkins, for our family.

Jaed is a ninja this year, Josie is a unicorn, and Indi is a princess. I actually bought cheerleading outfits for the girls to wear for Halloween several months ago, but yesterday we went to a store that was having a HUGE Halloween sale (BIG MISTAKE). Indi saw this beautiful purple princess dress that she grabbed and wouldn't let go of. She threw the biggest fit and was crying hysterically when I took it away. My heart was breaking....and ....well...I GAVE IN. I know, I shouldn't have but I did. I confessed to Thayne and he just laughed at me. He knows that my girls can pull my heart strings faster than anyone can.

The Law School had a big halloween bash last night for law students and their families which the kids loved. They gave the kids "evidence" bags and the kids went trick or treating at the professor's office doors. Everyone commented on how dang cute Indi was in her purple dress. A couple of times Indi would do a little twirl for them if they told her how pretty she was. Our kids left the party with very full bags of candy. Indi was even dragging her bag because it was so heavy. I asked if I could help her with it and she said, "No mommy, I help it.". So I just let her drag it along beside her. Josie was our double dipper last night. Almost at every door she would say the routine "trick or treat" and try to grab as many hand fulls as possible before she was told to stop. At first I was so embarrassed but the professors would just laugh and say, "Oh she's a hungry unicorn, it's ok!". We tried to lecture her about it but nothing worked. Jaed even reminded her several times that she better only take one this time, but she was in her own world as usual.

I'll be posting pictures of their costumes tomorrow and I'm sure I'll have great stories to tell after Trick or Treating tonight!

No comments: