I thought I would just post a little update of our family:
Thayne just finished one of his biggest projects for this semester so we may see him a little more until finals. He's had tons of job interviews but no catches yet. I know he's stressed about it but I know something will come around soon. He keeps telling me how much he enjoys his classes this semester and because of the more hours he's putting into studying, he's less stressed.
Jaed has been so good at school. He's gotten a penny everyday for those three skittles that he gets to buy. I can tell that he's very proud of himself as well. His teachers seem to really like him and I've heard them tell Jaed that he's a good example to the other kids. WOW!! I seriously never thought I would hear those words from one of his teachers. His teacher, last year, told us that he will ALWAYS be a difficult child for his teachers throughout his school years. Boy, was she wrong. Maybe I'll email her and brag about him :).
Josie has truly turned into a little girl. She now calls herself a "big girl" and thinks she can do anything that Jaed can do. The other day I asked Jaed and Josie to go get the table ready for dinner and I heard Jaed say, "Move, Josie, I'm the strongest and I can do it by myself!". Well that obviously made Josie mad. She said very loudly, "I'm strong too, Jaed!". Jaed informed her that girls were not strong, just boys. Josie yelled, "I'm strong Jaed, I'm strong!". Everything got quiet after that so I guess they worked it out.
Josie loves school so much. She gets pretty upset on the weekends when there is no school and even pouts about it. I haven't recieved any concerning letters from her teachers so I guess she's doing very well.
Indi has become quite the teaser. She is famous for ripping a toy out of Jaed and/or Josie's hand and running with it. And then when they tackle her to the ground and get the toy back she comes crying to me. I try and tell her that she can't take the toys away from them but within the hour she's doing it again.
I have had to assign jobs to my kids because they were fighting over who was going to do what. For example, when we leave the house, Indi is incharge of making sure the TV is off. If Jaed or Josie move towards the TV she yells, "NO, my job!" and they quickly back off. She loves to help pick up things too. She is really a good helper for only being two. It is a pleasure, not an extra job, to let her help.
Me, well I'm just taking care of my little family and trying to mentally prepare for another baby. Somedays I'm excited about the new baby and other days I'm full of anxiety. I know that as soon as the baby is here, I'll get us on a routine that works for me and things will be okay. It's amazing that even after 3 children I"m shocked when I feel the baby move. You would think that after several kids you would be familiar with the feeling but it's not true. Everytime the baby moves, I say to myself "There really is a baby in there!". Four more months is all that's left and with the holidays coming up, I'm sure it will fly by.
1 comment:
I sure love you guys and I am more than a little homesick to hug you all. Reading your blogs help me feel like I'm there with you.
Post a Comment