Well, I'm settled and ready to blog again. I think I'll start with Jaed's birthday party. After stressing about it for a week and driving myself insane, the party day finally came and I was ready as I was going to get. We had 4 kids RSVP, and I was praying that at least those 4 didn't get sick or forget about the party. My sister flew in from Washington state the day before so she was there to make the party fun even if no one showed up. So, we had everything ready by 12:45 p.m., and the party started at 1:30 p.m. at the park right next to our apartment. At about 1:05, the phone rang and it was a father of one of kids invited to the party wondering why no one was at the park yet. I hurry and grabbed an extra invitation that I had and looked at the time I had put on it and he was right! It said "1:00 p.m.". I thought I was going to die. I knew everyone had shown up and left because we weren't there and the party would have been a flop because of me. I apologized several times to the father on the phone and told him we would be there in less than 5 minutes. My sister and I grabbed the stuff and rushed the kids to the car and we drove 200 feet to the park. We set everything up and waited to see if anyone else was going to show up. To my amazement EVERYONE that RSVP'd showed up a few minutes later than we did (except the father that called) and the party was a success. I was thrilled and was able to relax and enjoy watching Jaed have a great time. At the end of the party, Jaed said "this was the best birthday ever, Mom!". Even with my bad luck with parties, this one was a complete success.
Unfortunately, the adventure didn't end after the party. Thayne had to leave half way through the party for an oral argument he had to give at school, so he took his keys (which I grabbed rushing out the door to get to the park) and the car and left. WELL..... as we gathered things up and started towards home, I realized I had no keys to the house and Thayne wasn't going to be home for at least another hour or more. My sister suggested that we just let the kids play at the park and wait for Thayne, which we did. Josie peed her pants three times and we had no extra clothes, Jaed and Indi played in the mud, and my sister and I were starting to get cold. I finally took Josie's shirt off and made her wear it as a skirt so that I could take her wet pants and underwear off. She had a sleeveless undershirt on under her shirt, and that was it. After about an hour we walked home and waited in front of the door for another 25 minutes but no Thayne. We decided to walk to a friend's house to call Thayne and see if he was on his way home or not. We had to walk to three different friend's house to find someone home but Thayne didn't answer his phone. As we were leaving the friend's house, Thayne had called back and my friend chased me down with his cordless phone. Thayne had just finished his oral argument and was on his way home. Ten minutes later we were all in the apartment, trying to get warm and relaxing on the couch.
WOW! What a day! Even after the second half of the adventure, Jaed still thought it was the best day ever.




(Jaed and his Aunt, my sister)
No comments:
Post a Comment