Ok, now to blog about the move to our new house. Thayne had a fall break last week and didn't have to got to school. We took advantage of the free time and made about two or three loads of boxes, to the new house, a day. By the end of week, we had everything but furniture over at the new house. I even unpacked several of the boxes we took over to the house so I wouldn't be so overwhelmed on the weekend. I know the kids were quite confused. We'd take their toys over and then return to the apartment with nothing. Josie, especially, was upset that her toys got to stay at the new house and she didn't.
On Saturday, we rented a Uhaul and waited for church members to come over and help us out. Thank goodness some showed up (Four great guys!!!!) to help Thayne load and unload all our furniture. Two guys even offered to take their shoes off in the new house and be the ones to carry the furniture from the door to whatever room I directed them. I was amazed at how careful they were not to ding the walls. Maybe I shouldn't be, but when we moved in the past furniture got broken, walls got dinged and we just had to throw up our arms and say "Oh well!". I should say that most of those moves were done by family (siblings) volunteers which we appreciate a ton but maybe you are more careful when you don't know the family moving as well. Who knows!
The worst thing to move was my large commercial size treadmill. Thayne has made comments before that the treadmill is a huge pain to move and since I dont' use it we should sell it. I either ignore him or tell him that if he talks about selling it again I'm going to get mad. I do use it.......when I want to. Ok, so it's not everyday, but it's my treadmill that he bought me and it's my business when I use it. I have gotten in a routine and used it everyday or every other day for a while, but then something happens and I miss using it several days in a row and my routine gets all messed up. I don't know why I feel like I have to explain myself about that stupid treadmill. I guess I just need to find the perfect excuse and writing it out always seems to help! :)
After all the furniture was in the new house, Thayne and I started putting together room by room. Of course, we started with the playroom....thinking that we could get that room ready for the kids and then they would play and leave us alone. We must be really dumb. Here we are, parents of three young children, and we actually thought that they would stay in one room of a new big house and not bother us at all. Can you believe we even got frustrated when they didn't do it? They just folllowed us from room to room and tried to help as much as possible.
When we finished the girls room and I put on their new princess comforter set, Josie and Indi were in heaven. They crawled into bed and pulled the comforter up to their chin and stayed still for several minutes. Indi had graduated from a toddler bed to her first twin bed and she was even more excited than Josie, I think.
We had bought Jaed a Star Wars comforter set for his birthday and when we put it on his bed he was thrilled. He jumped around and climbed in and out of his bed several times. He was sleeping on a futon but we got him a twin bed as welll so he was so excited. That night, all three kids slept all through the night without even one little peep. It was a great night for all of us!
2 comments:
I'm dying to see pics! Can you post some? Congrats on living in a real house! How would it be?
Bach
congratulations on your new house i am glad things are going great for ya , miss ya misty and the gang
Post a Comment