Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Paper panties

Josie reminded me of a funny thing she did several months ago and I never sat down to blog it so here it is. I hope you get a little chuckle!

Several months ago, I was slacking on the laundry and the girls ran out of clean panties. I hurry and put some in the washer and told the girls that they would have to wait to change out of their pj's until the clean panties were ready. Well, this was not the answer that Josie wanted to hear. She decided that she was going to make her own panties.......out of PAPER! I didn't know what she was making at first so when she came and asked me for scissors, tape and paper I gave them to her and was pleased that she was going to do some kind of art project. After some time I heard Josie getting upset in the other room so I went to check on her. Here she was butt naked trying to put her feet into some paper concoction and was getting mad because it was tearing. Here's how the conversation went:

Me: "Josie, what are you doing?"
Josie: "Trying to put my panties on that I made!"
Me: "You made some panties?"
Josie: "Yeah, and they aren't working. I didn't want to wait to change my clothes and decided to make my own panties but they're not working!!" (she starts to really cry!)
Me: "Oh Josie, I'm so sorry that I didn't have clean panties for you this morning. But you know what, I don't think panties made out of paper are going to work."

That sweet girl! She was so determined to have clean panties even it she was going to get a massive amount of paper cuts!

So, the other day I was sewing/making some panties for the girls from a pattern I found on the internet. Josie came over to see what I was making and when I told her she said, "Mama, remember when I tried to make my own panties? Well, it didn't work so maybe you should not make any either. I don't want you to be sad."

She was thrilled when she saw the panties I made and even said they were very comfortable to wear. Fabric panties > paper panties!

No comments: