Thursday, September 17, 2009

NO PRETTY!

One of the best things about having girls is to do their hair. I have convinced Josie and Indi that doing their hair is a must and often tell them that it hurts to be beautiful (or pretty) to get them to stop whining and crying during the hair-do process. Of course, they want to be pretty because princesses are pretty so that usually quiets them down. Well, the story is not the same with Kai. When it's time to do her hair, she hides, yells "No" or just completely ignores me. Does she actually think that she will win this battle?? NEVER!!

Her new thing is to say, "I NO WANT TO BE PRETTY!". Even when I say that she can't be a princess if she's not pretty she simply responds, "Ok" and thinks that means her hair doesn't have to be done. This morning when I was doing all of their hair I called her in first but she yelled back, "Josie and Indi first, Momma!". Like that's going to give her enough time to either think of another excuse or find a really good hiding spot! Where does this 2 year old get this kind of attitude and how is she so dang smart? The smarts OBVIOUSLY come from me and the attitude must come from her Dad.

I told her one time that if she is not going to be a princess and get her hair done then she has to be witch with ugly hair. She instantly informed me that she wants to be a witch!

When I was editing these pictures, Kaia was standing right by me and she said, "Oh, momma, I so pretty!". As you can see, this is without her hair combed and the same hair-do she had yesterday!

























2 comments:

Lori said...

Ohhh- she is pretty!! And I don't blame her- I hated getting my hair done when I was little too!

Shawny said...

Too funny! I was in second grade when my mom refused to do my hair anymore. I had long hair and cried every time it was time to get it brushed. She said that I should cut it but refused so she refused to brush it anymore. Needless to say, my second grade pictures had me with uncombed hair!! I looked like an orphan!