Friday, September 04, 2009

Mom and Daughter Date

The town we live in is quite a hick town and once a year they have this HUGE Rodeo (along with a fair and a 3 HOUR parade!). Rodeo's remind me of my Dad. He was kinda a hick himself and would have loved to come to our house this weekend to go to the rodeo if he was alive. So, in his honor, Indiya and I went to the rodeo. It was no cheap date but it was worth it! We watch some horse bucking, calf tying, silly clowns, and team tying.

I know very little about rodeo's so the people around me were flooded with questions by me. Good thing they welcomed them and were even telling me things when I wasn't asking. Indi was enjoying herself as well as the popcorn, soda and chips. She never asked once if it was time to go. She got upset a couple of times when they were doing the calf rope tying. One calf was hurt pretty bad and a animal ambulance had to come out in the arena and take him away. After that, Indi was not a fan of that sport! She told me several times that she loves baby cows and that their moms were going to be mad if any of them get hurt. Then she looked around and asked, "Momma, where are the baby cow's mommas?". Like I know....but I pretended that I did and told her I was sure they were waiting around back for them to give them kisses. She smiled and relaxed a bit.

No comments: