I think we'll change Josie's name to Jo-Stitch! She fell on our back deck and ripped her knee up so I ran her to the hospital where they had to DIG a bunch of wood out of her knee and then give her 5 stitches. She was brave but wanted them to hurry up and be done.
During the LONG wait at the hospital she wanted me to tell her a story so I decided to recite "Goldilocks and the Three Bears". Well, you should know ahead of time that Thayne is the story teller in our family and likes to throw in his own made up parts in whatever story he tells to the kids. I'm the singer and sing exactly how the songs goes! Anyways, as I was telling the story and Goldilocks was heading up the stairs to try out the beds, Josie stopped me and said, "Momma, Daddy says that Goldilocks stops at the bathroom, poops in the toilet, doesn't wipe her butt, doesn't flush the toilet and doesn't wash her hands before she goes and lays down". My eyes are rolling and I'm trying not to laugh hysterically. Of course, everything that Thayne added into the story is everything our kids do in the bathroom. I told Josie that Daddy tells his version of the story and I tell mine and then I started to continue with MY version, but Josie wasn't having it. She tells me that Daddy tells the story how it really goes not me. I seriously couldn't hold it back, I just started laughing so hard I was crying. I can just see her stopping a future teacher that tries to tell this story and explain the REAL version.
I gave up on telling stories because I was afraid to see what other stories Thayne ruined and want to plead ignorance if the added parts come up in the near future at school!
2 comments:
That's awful! Poor Josie. But I love the addition Thayne put in about Goldilocks. Maybe he should publish them!
Just got all caught up on your blog!!! You are so much more positive than I am about settling into a new home, routine and community. Thanks for inspiring me (and making me feel guilty :) Good luck with Jo-stitch ... and hopefully your kids are doing better today than yesterday. Mommy life can be hard - but you do it so well!
Post a Comment