Thursday, August 13, 2009

All about Jaed!

It's been a while since I've talked about each of my kids individually so I thought I would start with Jaedon. He will be eight in three months!! I can't believe he is so old. Jaed will always be very special to Thayne and I because we tried so long to have a baby and after three long years of tears, heartache and frustration, we finally found out that Jaed was on his way! My mom said that his personality is just like mine, such as:

  • Jaedon hates to be alone. He told me that he'd rather share a room with his sisters then have his own.
  • He is determined and a bit bullheaded (I can't believe I was ever like that....wait...am I still?)
  • He likes to be charge and lead the group
  • He likes to to know the schedule and you better stick to it
  • Jaedon is a pleaser. He doesn't like others to mad at him.
  • He makes friends very easily
  • He is very loyal to his family and friends
I felt like I was describing myself! That's probably why we hit heads a lot, but I make it a goal almost everyday to try and love these characteristics rather than fight them. He is a wonderful helper and loves to learn. He is constantly asking questions and often repeats the answers so that he really understands.
His best friend is his dad! He loves everything that Thayne loves and he can't wait until he can do everything Thayne does. Thayne always makes sure that he and Jaed have some "guy" time since they are both surrounded by emotional girls. Jaed really looks forward to this time with Thayne. Even though the girls cry and beg to be apart of it, Thayne stands his ground and tries to help them understand that he and Jaed needs this time together, just the two of them. I can tell that this makes Jaed feel very special!
Jaed is doing GREAT at school. He's like a sponge and just soaks up everything that is taught to him. His worst subject P.E.. He failed it in kindergarten and pretty much did the same in first grade. He's not into physical activity that is forced on him. If he chooses to do it then he'll do it for a long time but not if he's told to. Funny kid! I can't imagine having a problem with authority figures.....he must take after his dad in that area!



No comments: