Josie thrives on routine and does not do well with change. She likes everything in it's place and when it's out of place she becomes frustrated until it's back the way it is suppose to be. When she unloads the dishwasher she does it perfectly and in her own way. If you tell her to unload the bowls first you'll get an ear full about how that's not the order she does it in. She has certain rules that she does not break in the house but other rules she thinks are jokes. For example, she knows that she can not wear her school shoes on any other day but school days and if I'm in a hurry and want her to just throw them on she will fight be until she wins, saying "I CAN'T WEAR THOSE! IT'S NOT A SCHOOL DAY!". But, she's more then willing to break the rule about not touching my jewelry, she'll come out of my room with every necklace and bracelet on I own. How can you not chuckle at her (after I sternly tell her to get the jewelry back in my room, of course.).
When it comes to learning new things at school you can see that she really wants to learn them and is trying so hard. It's not an easy thing for her but after a lot of practice, the light bulb turns on and she's got it down. Her favorite subject in school is music. She loves to sing and be sung to. She tries really hard to sing with a vibrato in her voice which makes it a bit humorous. She loves to make up her own songs and sing them for you. The only problem with that is that the songs never end. I usually have to wait until she takes a huge breathe and then start clapping, saying "That was wonderful, Josie!" which is normally responds, "I'm not done, though." and keeps going.
She is truly a blessing in our lives and keeps us on our toes, constantly! Thayne and I often wonder what her husband will be like and how he'll handle her :)>.
No comments:
Post a Comment