His parents, my parents, and my brother (and his family) came to see Thayne graduate. The day just went by so fast. We all sat by each other at the graduation and when Thayne's name was called we jumped up and screamed!!! Thayne said he didn't really hear us but I'm not sure how he couldn't have. When the graduates were first coming in to the auditorium Josie kept yelling "Daddy, Daddy!". Of course, she was yelling it in the ear of the person in front of her who finally turned around and said very politely, "I don't think your Daddy can hear you, Sweetie." Well to a child that just means that they need to yell louder, which is exactly what Josie did. She yelled as loud as she could right in the person's ear again. I intervened and helped Josie understand that Thayne was not going to be able to hear her. She was extremely disappointed and a little sad, I think. When Thayne was at his seat he looked around until he found us and we made eye contact. I tried to point him out to the kids but they just kept saying, "I don't see him, where is he!". I think Josie did finally see him because she started to wave and Thayne responded with a wave back.
The ceremony was very long but I was very impressed and proud of my kids. They were a little loud and wiggly at times but for the most part they were well behaved. When we met Thayne after the ceremony they each gave him a huge hug. I could tell Thayne was touched! It was a moment I don't think I'll ever forget. We were finally DONE! Our family made it and here Thayne was a graduate of Law School with the honor ropes hanging from his gown. I don't think I could have been more proud of him then I was at the very moment!
Thayne's parents were so proud of him as well. They both hugged Thayne for a long time and I could see them shed a few tears, as well. We never could have made it without them. I think Thayne and I will always be eternally grateful for their generosity and support.
Here's our handsome graduate!!

We made a great team!!

WE DID IT!!!

Here's Thayne with his parents!
2 comments:
Congratulations to everyone! I know it takes hard work and sacrifice on everyone's part. I'm very impressed how Thayne was able to do this and balance school and family so well. I've seen lots of other men go to school but it is at the expense of their families, but Thayne seemed to balance everything really well. And what great support he had from you Ally! Miles and I are very impressed and happy for you!
I can imagine what that moment would be like! What an adventure - truly! Congratulations to all of you. And I'm glad to hear you are doing well and surviving without Thain. Dee Dee and I were just talking about you yesterday and wondering how you are doing. Keep bloggin!
Post a Comment