Friday, May 16, 2008

We've made it!

Well, I think we're settled in and getting use to our surroundings. Thayne was suppose to go to work on the 12th of May but his boss called and said that he had to make a trip out of state and wouldn't be back until the 20th, and so he told Thayne that he could have a weeks paid vacation and come to work on the 20th! We hurry and changed his flight and we were able to spend a whole week together as a family. It was so wonderful!! We went to an indoor amusement park, the zoo and did other fun things. The week was amazing and worth any extra money we had to pay and to change his plane ticket. Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures, though!

We took Thayne to the Airport a couple of days ago and it was very difficult to say goodbye. Josie didn't want to look at him and while she was looking away she said, "I'm going to miss Daddy!" and started to cry. Jaed cried most of the way home.....and so did I. I felt like these next nine weeks were going to be forever. We went grocery shopping later that day and by the end of it I was almost in tears. My constant thoughts were, "How am I going to survive without him?". He always knows what to do to calm my nerves or anger, and he knows when to take over with the kids when I've had enough. I am extremely grateful that my Mom is here to help me but nothing can take the place of your better half. I know with a lot of prayer and patience we will make it through. Time to get into survival mode!

I guess I should mention that I'm pregnant. Yes, you read it right. I am pregnant with number 5. Insane, isn't it? We found out right before we left Indiana. I'm feeling pretty good but the nausea peeks at weird times. It doesn't last very long, so that's a blessing. The only major change I can see is that my energy level is about at a "1", especially in the evenings. Hopefully things will change in the second trimester.

6 comments:

My Many Coloured Days said...

Yeah for you! So glad things were "uneventful". With T's surgery and all you left and I never had a chance to come say goodbye. At least with blogging we can stay in touch... just no picnics or card making :( Hope your summer continues to only be eventful in the good way!

Corpus said...

More blogs please!!!I miss my you already.

Hope said...

Congratulations on #5!! I share your pain. It's been 2 1/2 weeks and a good day is dependant upon how often I cry. Ten weeks is a long time! Try and enjoy it!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! What fun! Not the part w/o your better half. I admire your tenacity with number 5! I hope the first trimester goes fast. Oh, and also the next 9 weeks!

Anonymous said...

You can do it Ally! You have amazing strength!

Phil, Kellie and Drew said...

Miss Ally - we are so proud of you and Thayne - what a great accomplishment. Please let Thayne know we are so happy for him and CONGRATULATIONS to you too! The adventures never stop and I look forward to reading more and more...