- "I can't understand you when you whine!"
- "Say you're sorry!"
- "Kaia is not a doll!"
- "Put Kaia down!"
- "Good job!"
- "Was that a good choice or bad choice?"
- "We don't hit our sister!"
- "That's too loud!"
- "Don't touch that, it's not yours!"
- "Put it down!"
- "I love you!"
- "Just a minute!"
- "I'm coming."
- "What happened?"
- "Who did it?"
- "I'm sorry that happened!"
- "That's enough!"
- "That's great!"
- "It's not snack time!"
- "Who's a stinker?"
- "Come here, please!"
- "Kaia has had enough. Please leave her alone!"
- "Let me hug you!"
- "Good try!"
So, I think my list could probably keep going but these are the phrases that I have noticed I repeat constantly through out the day. These are mostly directed at my children but some are also directed at Thayne....I'll let you guess which ones! I"ll give you a hint....."I can't understand you when you whine" is not one of them.
After I made this list, I realized that I need to add more positive phrases in my day. I don't want my kids growing up thinking that I only told them things they couldn't or shouldn't do.
2 comments:
I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels like I say the same thing all day. Sometimes I think I should record myself one day and play it all the next days to give myself a little break :) But, I guess repitition is what teaches...
Wow, it was like you followed me around all day and recorded what I said. I guess being a mom is being a mom.
Post a Comment