Thursday, November 08, 2007

Halloween

Okay, so I've been getting nasty emails from some of you viewers, wondering why I haven't updated my blog recently. My answer........I don't have one. I intend to but run out of time and think "Oh, I'll do it tomorrow" but then tomorrow comes and I do the same thing. Welcome to my life :).

I guess I'll start by telling you about Halloween. I bought the girls princess dresses (of course) and I bought Jaed a Storm Trooper (Star Wars) costume and got them all at GOODWILL!! They were brand new with tags still attached. I was so excited and so were the kids! My good friend loaned me a flower costume for Kaia which fit great.

The Law School had it's annual trick-or-treating fest the day before Halloween. They give the kids "Evidence" bags and they go trick-or-treating at all the professors offices. It was funny to see there bags when they got home because Josie had at least double the candy that the other two did. Thayne said he caught her, a couple of times, taking handfuls of candy instead of the one piece we continuously try to enforce.

We decided to go trick-or-treating with some friends, on Halloween night, which turned out to be a lot of fun. My three kids were running from one house to the next singing "More candy, more candy!". We had to constantly remind them to say 'Thank You' and several times it was a yelling 'Thank You' as they ran away from the door on their way to another house. They were so happy with their bags of candy and were excited to get home and eat it. Thayne and I give the kids a set amount of time (usually 20 minutes), after we get home, to eat as much candy as they want. The clock started and the unwrapping the candy began. I was amazed at how much candy they could each eat in a short period of time. After the time was up the candy was piled in a bowl and Thayne hid it after the kids went to bed. He brings out a piece for each of them every once in a while but as far as they know, the candy is gone and the candy they are getting is candy we have had for a while. Being SNEAKY, as a parent, IS GREAT!!


What a dang cute flower!















Indi twirled and danced like a princess when she had her costume on.



















I did buy Josie a princess costume and she wore it a couple of times but then she saw last year's costume and wanted to wear it. I said no at first but she was very sad so I let her wear it. So, two years in a row as a unicorn and she's still so cute!



















Jaed was very proud to wear his costume. He was a "bad guy Trooper"!



















One of the houses we visited had this HUGE pumpkin in its drive way and there was guy hiding behind it with a microphone. The kids thought it was the pumpkin talking to them.

2 comments:

My Many Coloured Days said...

Glad to have you back! Your kids are adorable... I think Jacob would have made a cute flower too! (PS hope you guys are feeling better soon!)

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a blast on Halloween! All the kids are super cute in their costumes!