Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Great Christmas Present!

It's been great having Thayne home but my routine has gotten a little off. I usually blog while the kids are having "quiet time" but Thayne and I are using that time to play games or just hanging out so my blogs have been put on the back burner. The kids have been counting down the days until christmas. We didn't do a christmas tree this year for several reasons: first, we're not going to be here for christmas; Second, I don't need another thing to keep the kids away from; Third, I wasn't going to do it by myself and Thayne didn't have time during finals; and Fourth, we just didn't feel like it! I know...we're scrooges...but the kids didn't complain. We just kept telling them that Grandma and Grandpa have a tree up at their house just for them. So, we're heading to their house for about three days over Christmas. I'm a little nervous about it because Thayne's parents house is full of antiques and other fragile stuff and I know my kids well enough to know that they can't keep their hands to themselves. I hope I don't have anything broken to report when we get back!

Our HUGE Christmas present this year is.........THAYNE GOT A JOB!!!!! Yep, he got a call a couple of days ago with an offer. Right when Thayne told me that they offered him a job a HUGE cloud of stress dissappeared from above my head. I could tell that Thayne was stress free as well. It's a law firm in Terre Haute, which is about 50 miles away from where we are. Thayne really liked the firm when he was interviewing for them but felt like the interview didn't go as well as it could. Fortunately, they thought differently! The firm does tons of litigation (arguing cases in court) which is exactly what Thayne wants to specialize in. He loves being in front of a court room and judge arguing about cases. It's a twelve week internship so he'll be working the whole summer. They don't want him to work anymore than 4o hours a week so it shouldn't be that bad. We'll still see tons more of him then we would if he was in school.

So now I get to start planning my summer vacation :). I'm going to take the kids to Utah for a week or two and then we'll head to Washington to spend a week or two with my sister. I'm a little nervous about being away from Thayne for that long with FOUR kids so we'll see how things plan out as time gets closer. I've never been away from Thayne for more than two or three days since we've been married. He might have to fly out and meet us for a weekend or two while we're traveling.

We mailed out our Christmas cards out only three days ago, so hopefully you'll get them soon. We hope you all have a safe and Merry Christmas and that the new year is full of blessings for you and your family!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

no christmas card for us ! i just wanted to say congrats on the job i hope things continue to go well for you. miss ya keep us informed when the new lil one gets here