Sunday, December 10, 2006

Embarrassing moment!

I am really surprised that I don't have more embarrassing moments to blog. Well me and the kids were shopping yesterday afternoon and I stopped by JoAnn's (fabric store) to pick up a couple of items. Once we entered the store I smelled poop and my eyes went right to Indi. Yep, it was her. I decided to stick it out and grab the two things I needed and then change her when we got back out to the car (I should have known better!). Halfway through the store Jaed yells, "MOM, Indi is poopy!". I immediately tell him to not be so loud and that I am aware she is poopy. Jaed was constantly looking at her bum with huge eyes. I was afraid to look, so I didn't.

After I got the things we needed we headed to the cash register where there were 10 people in line and one cashier. It was obviously going to be a long wait. The whole time in line I'm telling Jaed to calm down and quit being so loud with his shooting sounds (he was aiming at everything with his finger gun and shooting it), I was telling Josie to stop touching stuff which didn't help because she knocked down two big displays, and Indi was whining non stop because I wouldn't let her out of the cart. I finally made the two older kids come and hold the cart because it was more than a little wild but as soon as Jaed grabbed the cart he looked at Indi's bum and yelled "MOM, Indi's poop is coming out of her pants and it's going to fall on the floor!". We were still number six in line and there were atleast 4 more people behind us. All eyes went right to Indi who yelled, "I NOT POOPY!". I wanted to cry and then scream but instead I just started to laugh. I looked behind Indi and sure enough poop was bubbling over her pants. I shoved her shirt down in her pants because I had no wipes on hand. I know everyone was disgusted around me but I just kept giggling and shaking my head. We finally got up to the register, I paid for my things, and we made it out to the car without loosing any poop on the ground. I had to strip Indi naked, change her diaper and she rode home in her carseat with just a diaper on. All the way home Jaed kept saying, "It stinks like poop in here Mom.". He said it about 4 times with absolutely no response from me. We all were suffering with the smell, except Indi. Even Josie said to Indi, "You're naughty for pooping your pants, Indi!". Which resulted in a very loud scream from Indi followed by, "I NOT POOPY!".
When we got home, I turned cartoons on for the kids and laid down on the couch to rest!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm not surprised you had to lay down and rest on the couch, most of the people in line with you probably went home and did the same thing.

Just wondering if the store was closing forever that day or if the two items you needed were not going to be there the next day?

I love you Sis!!!