Our local skating rink has a hockey league they open up to the public and Indiya and Jaed said they wanted to join. Indiya is a great little skater and with her competitive spirit we knew she would be the "bomb" in Hockey. It's a 6 week session and they have two games a week. With two of them participating you can imagine how busy we are in these six weeks!
The first time you participate in the hockey league you get a new pair of inline skates! It was like Christmas for indiya! They provide the pads and helmets (to borrow during games) as well!
Here's Indiya on her first game day! She's the only girl on her team but she kept up and bypassed most of those boys!
She loved being #2 on her team. Not sure why, but she was sure proud of that shirt!
I wanted to snap a picture of her during the game. As you can tell she's never too busy to look at the camera!
After the first game, Indiya complained that no one knew she was a girl. Well, the creative gene I have started to go wild! Here's what I came up with:
I bought some "bling" material and made her a little skirt to wear over her uniform (and pads)! The first time she wore it in a game, several parents commented how cute it was and they know she's a girl now!
Then I added her name to the back of her shirt so everyone would be able to cheer her on!
We're very proud of her and hope that she continues to play hockey! She made her first goal the other night and I think everyone in the game was cheering for her!
1 comment:
Oh, my sweet tender little Indi,I hope the attitude stays in the hockey rink. I really am proud of her.
Post a Comment