Monday, April 04, 2011

Conference Day!!

Now that our kids are getting older we decided to invite (ok, make them) watch conference with us. But, because I'm such a cool mom, I had fun things for them to do while we watched. I gave the oldest three a packet of fun papers (puzzles, coloring pages, mazes, etc.) and the youngest two I gave a notebook and crayons to entertain them. On top of that I had five buckets and put a different word on each bucket and filled the buckets with candy. So, everytime they heard a word that was on one of the buckets, they got to have a piece of candy!

It was a hit! The two hours flew by quite fast and they paid attention the WHOLE time!!


(Here they are listening very closely for any one of the 5 words on the buckets. Zoey quickly learned that as soon as one of her siblings dipped in the bucket, she could to. The limit was one candy at a time......well that meant one fist full at a time for her! Um.....nice picture of our dog licking himself. Sorry about that!)
























(Here's the buckets! Halfway through I took them back to the kitchen and switched the candy around so that they got a different kind for each word.)

3 comments:

Wendy Jean said...

Ok, you put my jelly bean bingo to shame!

Lori said...

Great ideas Ally! I really like the bucket idea. I think it will be good to help me stay awake too! :-)
And the dog- GROSS!!!!

Mom said...

Allyson, I just love you!