Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter eggs

So Thayne and I have never colored eggs with the kids before because we just didn't want to deal with the mess. Well, since we had family in town for Easter, we had to give in and color eggs for the first time. The kids were in heaven, while we were trying to minimize the mess. We colored 6 dozen (I know, maybe a little much for our first time!) and were extremely relieved to have it done and the kitchen cleaned. I was so nervous that the kids would get the dye on their clothes that I almost made them color the eggs in their underwear but decided that it probably would have been inappropriate to take pictures of the event if they weren't clothed. So, I opted for pajamas instead of being nude!

Here's Kai coloring her egg with a crayon before rolling it in the dye.
























Little Zoey was very serious about drawing on her egg. Every egg had to have a scribble.
























I made Thayne sit between the two youngest to make sure there were no eggs thrown, dye spilled and crayon markings on the table and wall. He did his job great!!


















Here's Jaed, Indi and Josie having a blast with their creativity.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Oh boy, coloring easter eggs was never my favorite, but your dad sure enjoyed it. Looks like they had a great time and probably already looking forward to next year.

Lori said...

ha haaa!!! Now there is no going back!! I was nervous about it for the first time this year. Probably because Collin is such a wild man. I just had the other two do most of it while he wasn't paying attention! The girl's dresses are adorable!!