Indi was the best little soccer player ever. She was so much shorter than the rest of the team but her little legs were running the whole time. She kept up with the group surrounding the ball and even got her foot on the ball several times. By the time the game was over, her face was as red as a tomato. Indi did a move I called the "swim" while she played soccer. She would get close to the mob of kids surrounding the ball and then she would start doing the breast stroke with her arms until she got right on the ball. She even managed to push a few kids down when they got in the way of her "swim". I laughed so hard during her games, I think I even cried a couple of times. Sometime she was run to fast that she'd fall but she never cried! She just got back up and started running again. The only time she did cry was when she had to substitute out to give someone else a turn. No explanation was good enough for her! Indi loved her coach. Almost every game she would stop at least one time in the middle of the field and run over to coach and give him a quick hug and then run back to the ball. It was so dang cute!
Josie....well..soccer wasn't her thing. She got so excited to get her uniform on and seemed excited to play while we were driving to the soccer game but once we got there she lost all interest. I tried to tell her that her team needed her and she would attempt to play but after about 30 seconds she would fall down on the field and look like she was dying. When I'd yell at her to get up she always said "I can't my legs are tired!". The coach tried her as the goalie but she was entertaining herself by wrapping herself up in the net, picking grass with her back to the game, and I even saw a few dance steps. It reminded me of basketball last fall and how she just didn't show much interest to that sport either. Thayne and I had to finally come to grips that our Josie probably would never be a team sport player. On the last game Josie came and said "Mommy, don't make me play soccer anymore, ok?". I promised her I wouldn't and asked her if she would rather do dance which made her day.
Jaed had a great time playing. I don't think I have ever seen that kid run like he ran during the games. In his first game he made a goal. I was so excited......except for the attitude that followed. He started acting like he was the big man on the team as well as the coach. One time I heard his coach said, "Hmm, I miss counted we need another player on the field.", and as the coach was looking around at the team on the side lines Jaed said, "Kassi, it's your turn to play. Come on in!". That obviously wasn't who the coach was going to pick because he said, "Jaed are you the coach or am I?". I was so embarrassed! I have called him "Mr. Bossy Boots" since he was a toddler cuz he's so dang bossy. The kid is doomed. Thayne and I are pretty bossy people and Jaed obviously got that gene twice. I hope his wife can put him in his place :)> . Anyways, even with his "Big Man on Campus" attitude he seemed to enjoy the games. He even asked to play again.
MR. BOSSY BOOTS!

This is Jaed and his cousin Kassi. I think they both enjoyed being on the same team.

Indi's uniform was more like a dress then a shirt. I had to buy her new black shorts because the ones they gave her came down to her ankles.
2 comments:
Is this Ally? I saw your comment on Shawny's blog and wondered if it was you. This is Traci Gundersen. Where are you guys now? I'm looking through your blog . . . it's looking like maybe Seattle now? Not sure.
Jake and I are in SLC. I think you knew this, but I am at the AG's office and yes it's still Mark Shurtleff. Jake is still job hunting (9 months now) and it sucks. He's only had 3 interviews thus far. Things are not looking good, but then, he's not giving up either. We are lucky with my job being as good as it is.
Anyways, I'm glad I found you! I am going to add you to my blog roll so I can keep tabs on ya.
I'm debating weather or not to put my boys in soccer. Am I wondering if I'm ready to cross over. First 'mini-van mom' and now this! Cute pics.
Ciao
p.s. I'm doing a give-away if you're interested
http://www.homelyanimal.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment