Monday, August 18, 2008

Back together!

Thayne's been home for three weeks and we are soooo dang happy. Two day after he got home we drove to Washington State to visit my sister for two in a half weeks and then came back to my Mom's house. I had a lot of fun with my sister and the kids had a blast with their cousins. Unfortunately, Thayne was having too many allergy problems to really enjoy himself completely but he stuck it out and tried to have a good time! His boss in D.C., asked him to work from home for him through the next month or so which is a huge blessing since we had no other income. He also gave Thayne a ton of contacts in the Seattle area sent his own personal recommendations to all of them. Meanwhile, we're trying to be patient and get into some kind of routine here at my Mom's house until we know exactly where we will be headed.

So the day after Thayne came home we went and had an ultrasound to find out the sex of our fifth child. It's another GIRL!!! Thayne was a bit disappointed but pulled himself together quickly. I was thrilled!! I can't believe I'm going to have four girls now. When we told the kids, the girls were really excited but Jaed was sad. He almost cried. I felt so bad for him. Thayne pulled him into his arms and talked to him about it. By the end of the discussion he seemed to be tolerating the idea of having another sister. Whenever he tells people that I"m having a baby and it's a girl he always has a frown on his face, though. I hope that when the baby comes he'll forget that it's a girl and just be excited that's we have a baby.

Here were a few of Thayne's responses when the nurse said it was a girl:

"WHAT??!"
"Are you sure?"
"Four girls? This is getting stupid!"
"Someone is out to get me!"
"It's a conspiracy!"
"I guess it's a good thing we make cute girls!"

I couldn't stop laughing after she told us it was a girl. I was laughing so much I couldn't even comfort Thayne. I felt bad.....well.....a little. I can remember being a young teenager and hoping that when I became a mom I could have all girls. I didn't think it was possible since my husband comes from a family of a lot of boys, but the girl power came through!

Anyways, now the name game starts. We have a couple of names we're throwing around but we're still looking.

6 comments:

* said...

Congratulations on another girl. I LOVE girls. Three is good for me though, we are having a BOY, if you can believe it. I guess it is a good thing because we are DONE after this baby and now Ty will have his boy.
I hope all works out with the job hunt.

Shawny said...

Yeah, congrats! There is always the sixth! ;)

Lori said...

Congratulations!! You guys do make cute girls! And a cute boy, too!

Jodie said...

Congrats! And it's true--you do make cute girls!

Camie said...

I must be behind on your blog--I didn't know you were having baby #5!! Congratulations!

My Many Coloured Days said...

WOW! I can just imagine your house about 12 years from now!!! Congratulations, and send Thayne and Jaed my condolensces!!! You guys have such a great relationship - I can just hear you laughing :)