Tuesday, October 14, 2008

We're Alive!!

It's been a bit since I've blogged so I thought I'd catch everyone up on how things are going. First thing first, THAYNE PASSED THE BAR!!!!! We just found out yesterday. We are so excited to be done with that part of life. Law school was tough but I think the worst part of all of it was waiting two and a half months to see if he passed the bar. The state bar that he took only has a 72% pass rate which is quite low in comparison to other states so Thayne was constantly worried that he didn't pass. Those of us that know how dang smart he is knew that he did! A law firm even called him last week and told him they have a attorney position opening up and wanted him to apply so we're hoping that this is the job for him. Right now, he's still working for his boss in Washington D.C. (but from home) so we've been blessed with some income while we waited for the bar results. He's heading out next week to meet with the law firm so we'll see how it goes.

I'm surviving this pregnancy but am thinking that it may be my last. I just feel to old and worn out to do it again, I think. Thayne and I decided not to make any final decisions until after the baby is born which is in 9 weeks! I'm hoping we will be settled in our new house! I've been grateful that Thayne has been able to work from home because I can sneak in a nap or two everyday which helps me keep going.

Jaed is getting so big and BOSSY! I think I say to him, at least five times a day, "You are not the boss, Jaed!", but it doesn't seem to phase him. He tries to play house with the girls but he always wants to be the zombie brother which is not okay with the girls. Then he says agrees to be a regular brother but tells the girls that their parents are dead which doesn't go over well with Indi because she usually wants to be the Mom. Most of the time they work something out, though. Jaed is enjoying first grade and is excelling in everything, which doesn't surprise us. His teacher has sent home extra work for him so that she is challenging him with new stuff. If I'm not right there to pick him up from school he walks over to the Kindergarten door and gets Josie they both walk (holding hands) to the curb and wait for me. He is a very good big brother (most of the time!) .

Josie is enjoying life right now. She loves having Thayne home all the time and has become quite affectionate since he has returned from Washington D.C.. She is enjoying Kindergarten and seems to really like her teacher. We met with her teacher a bit ago and her teacher said that Josie is doing fine and that we shouldn't worry about her catching on to acedemic things so we've taken her advice and relaxed. Josie loves playing with Indi and gets quite sad when Indi doesn't want to play with her. As for her relationship with Kaia, well......she pretty much ignores her. Josie has never been very good with toddlers. They bug her and she doesn't know how to react very well. When Josie is playing with her Barbies and Kai sits down next to her to play, Josie gathers her Barbies and moves to another room. Kaia follows her for a bit and then finds something else to do. I've asked Josie to let Kaia play with her but her response is always a flat "No". I know things will change when Kaia gets older, so for now we don't try and force anything.

Indi is still our socialite. Everywhere we go she finds a friend. We had her in preschool for a couple of months but pulled her out. The school was a bit far and expensive and we didn't feel like she was learning a lot of acedemic stuff. She didn't seem to upset about it which made it easier. She loves playing with Kai as well as teasing her, too. Indi misses Josie when she's at school and looks forward to playing with her when she returns. Indi is obsessed with combing her hair these days. She could stand in front of the mirror forever, combing her hair, if we let her. It's so funny to us how girly she is one time and then how tom-boyish she is the next. We put her in soccer again this fall and she is the star of her team. She makes goals all the time and is always at the head of the mob kicking the ball.

Kaia is a motor-mouth!! She is talking in complete sentences and is only 20 months old. She tells on her siblings all the time. For example, we gave her a granola bar the other day and a soon after she came back to us and said, "Jaed took it!". We called Jaed over and asked him how he got the granola bar and he said, "Kai gave it to me.". We told him that she said he took it from her and finally fessed up to it. They don't get away with anything like that when Kai is around. Jaed does adore Kai and is often found helping her do things, which is a nice thing to see. She has decided that she is done with naps during the day so now she joins the other kids for "Quiet time". She does make up for it by going to bed at 7:00 p.m. which is GREAT!! Her favorite thing to ask when we're leaving the house is, "Where we going?".

The new baby is a fireball already. She is moving CONSTANTLY. We have decided on a name for her: Zofiya "Zoey" Colleen Warner. The kids are already refering to the baby as "Zoey". It took us forever to find a name we both liked so I finally told Thayne that I wanted her to have the nickname "Zoey" and it was his job to find a full name to go with it. We always get mixed responses whenever we've announce the name we've chosen. It's actually quite humorous to see how people will react when we say it.

7 comments:

Shawny said...

Congrats, congrats, congrats! I think all your kid's names are cute. It's good to get an update from you and to know you are alive...almost anyway. Hang on, only 9 more weeks to go. Hurray!

Lori said...

It's good to hear that everyone is doing well. I love the new baby's name as I love all your kid's names! I can't believe you only have 9 weeks left. Time is flying! Tell Thayne we said congrats on passing the bar!

My Many Coloured Days said...

Oh that is wonderful news! That can't be an easy test to take, but at least it is a final one!

So where is this potential job? You'll have to keep us "posted" with where you end up.

I can't believe you are almost done being pregnant AGAIN! And I love the name. Julia's favourite book as a baby was "Zoey and the Runaway Ball" - you'll have to check it out. Miss you and sending you good 3rd trimester vibes!

Nick and Anne Priest said...

Thanks for the update. I miss you! Congrats to Thayne. I hope a job come along soon. I can't believe your baby is due in 9 weeks! I think of you every time I pull out my stamps.

eightloves said...

Hurray! An update! :) It's so great to hear Thayne passed the bar and now you can move on with the next 'life' step. I hope you're pregnancy is going well and lucky you for getting a nap here and there! Zoey is such a cute name! Fun fun! Great to hear from you!

Autumn said...

Hey Ally! Congrats to Thayne! Keep us posted on where you will be moving to. I love reading about the kiddos! It sounds like they are all as cute as ever. I miss you all so much! Hugs!

The Homely Animal said...

wow, another girl...poor Jaed! :)- Zofiya huh? isn't that a city in Bulgaria? so exotic :o) Zoey is super cute and it ends with the long E sound which matches ur other girls nicknames. I honestly can't imagine 5. I think that 4 might be my personal child maximum! Kudos.