We had our first kindergarten parent/teacher conference for Jaed this last week. I think Thayne and I were both a bit nervous to hear how Jaed was doing because in preschool his reports were.....well......let's just say that they were a bit negative. So I had tons of good qualities of Jaed in my head ready to fire back if his teacher started out telling us negative things. BUT....that's not at all what happened this time. She started out talking about how smart Jaed was and that he finishes his work first and does quality work on top of that. She said that she will even give him more work and he ends up finishing that before others finish their first assignment. So now Jaed has been assigned as the "helper" in the class room. When he's done doing his work he walks around and helps the other kids with their work. She said that Jaed is very kind when he helps others and often tell them that they did a great job. Thayne and glanced at each other in amazement. Our little Jaedon was MATURING. I think we both wanted to yell "HURRAY" but we just squeezed each others hand and kept listening to her praise our son.
After talking about his academic success she told us about his social skills. She said that all the kids liked Jaedon and he was a leader in his circle of friends. She said that she does have to remind him to have self control when asked to stop doing something and that he has been getting better at it. I told her that the other day when she sent a note home explaining that Jaed got a sad face because he repeatedly was told to stop making noises during quiet time, we questions him about it. He finally said to us, after we asked him tons of times why he didn't stop the noises, "I just couldn't get control of myself!". Thayne and I both wanted to laugh hysterically but kept our composure. It was the so funny to see him serious and concerned that he couldn't control himself. His teacher explained that she says to him, "Jaed you need to get control of yourself and listen to me.".
When Thayne and I left the conference we were both so proud of our little Jaed and were anxious to get home and hug him!
2 comments:
That sounds like a great PT conference! It's so good you recorded this for him to look back on later!
I agree - it will be a treasure for him later on. Go Jaed!
Post a Comment